Fixing bad data

MindieMindie Member Posts: 124
My client had some modifications (from a previous NSC) that caused some bad data to be posted. We have found the problem in the code and corrected it but I need some advice on how to fix the data.

One line on the Purchase Order had a quantity of 20. They received an invoiced 10 the first time and assigned 10 serial numbers. Later they entered 10 more serial numbers and tried to receive and invoice those. Because of the problems in their system they couldn't post unless they changed the serial numbers of the first 10 items. Now there are item ledger entries for 30 items. 10 from the first receipt of 10 and then 20 from the 2nd receipt of 10. Only 20 were invoiced. The extra quantity of 10 have only posted as received but not invoiced. The PO is now gone because it was fully received.

How do I remove a qty that has been received but not invoiced? How can it be invoiced if the PO is now gone?

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Create Item Journal entries through code that you would post that will invoice the Item ledger entries.
    On how to create the Item Journal entries, in dev environment create a PO and receive it, then put a breakpoint in in CU 22 and then invoice, See how the Item journal line is created, and do the same with your code, You'll also have to create the Serial no in reservation entries.

Then do negative adjustment applying it to the item ledger entries if they haven't been applied.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n