Price history

remarkremark Member Posts: 122
Hello,

I wonder, is it possible to have price history in NAV?
I mean, you can always print a pricelist on any date in the past. :-k

I couldn't find anything about it by Search the forum.

Answers

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    how do you set your sales prices EG are they defined in the system under sales prices or are items just updated on the fly ?

You could prepare a report based of ILE or if you use the sales price functionality you could put the items covered by a sales price grouping into a report as well
  • remarkremark Member Posts: 122
    jannestig wrote:
    how do you set your sales prices EG are they defined in the system under sales prices or are items just updated on the fly ?

I use Sales Price window to put prices in Sales Price table not specifying it in the item card
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Yep, the sales price table with the start date and end date is the way to keep track of sales price history.
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Yep, the sales price table with the start date and end date is the way to keep track of sales price history.

Thanks, Alex!
    I thought about this way, but was in some doubt, because once I was taught this feature is recommended to be used for marketing discount campaigns restricted in time. I needed somebody experienced said it's OK.

So, my question is (sorry if stupid):
    Is it (the sales price table with the start date and end date is the way to keep track of sales price history) a trick and hack or this is absolutely recommended way without any negative consequences (maybe after Sales Price table get large enough)?
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    remark wrote:

Thanks, Alex!
    I thought about this way, but was in some doubt, because once I was taught this feature is recommended to be used for marketing discount campaigns restricted in time. I needed somebody experienced said it's OK.

This is correct if the setup is linked to the Customer(s). Otherwise it can be used as a general price list.
    remark wrote:
    So, my question is (sorry if stupid):
    Is it (the sales price table with the start date and end date is the way to keep track of sales price history) a trick and hack or this is absolutely recommended way without any negative consequences (maybe after Sales Price table get large enough)?

Again depending on whether it's linked to the Customer (through the use of Sales Type & Sales Code). There can be a setup of a dummy Sales Code for pure price list use.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
    In my case I use Sales Type - "Customer Price Group" and appropriate Code of "Customer Price Group"
    Is it OK?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Yes. This is the recommended way short of actually pulling up invoice history.

The problem with using Sales Price as your sales price history is that it's changable by users with permission to modify the Sales Price table. But using the Change Log will address this problem.
    Thank you very much, Alex! :D