Navision - SIFT table definitions

leikelmanleikelman Member Posts: 31
I am create multiple stored procedures/functions which will return flow field values from Navision 5.0, such as "qty on hand", "qty on bo", etc..
From what I have read so far, the best way of doing this is to use SIFT tables. The problem I am having is that the SIFT tables are not very intuitive.

For instance, if I look at table CompanyName_$32$0, it has the column bucket and multiple f# columns. Is there some documentation available which defines what each of these columns mean in various flow field tables?

Thank you.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    upgrade to 5.0 sp1 and use the sql views, you solution won't work once the client upgrades.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    For more info about SIFT, see chapter "24.2 SIFT AND THE SQL SERVER OPTION FOR NAVISION" in Application designer's guide (w1w1adg.pdf) on install CD.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    I'd suggest you figure out where the actual fields are stored (I mean the sumindexfields themselves) and you write your SP's to sum them from their original location. I would personally not count on either the SIFT tables or the SIFT views, as Microsoft has been known to completely redesign the way that works.
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    ara3n wrote:
    upgrade to 5.0 sp1 and use the sql views, you solution won't work once the client upgrades.

Permissions to the Indexed Views is being granted via the "Application Role" used by Navision. This means that a non-dbowner will not have access to these outside of Navision.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.