native database server

teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
Hi All,
I tried to install n config the navision database server(native) coz my client want multi-user using the native db environment.
So 1st at all, i read thru the installation manual and and noted when the time i run schemaxt.exe in db server folder i hit an error.
So my alternative solution is set the database server manually by typing the command thru cmd.
Such as:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Database Server>server servername=portal, nettype=tcp, cache=8000, commitcache=yes, database=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\database.fdb
Then i hit another error saying that :
The program is unable to connect to the server's process.This is because the server is running as a service using a system account. Please run the client using the network instead.

Help.....how to setup the navision database server without an error?wat is the proper step...?? Plz advise...thx in advance~~

Answers

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) You do not need to extend the AD schema to install DB server successfully
    2) Just do not run the schemaxt.exe
    3) Do not use lookup for the servername, enter it manually or set it in the shortcut as a parameter to prevent users to entering it manually.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    Hi Kine,
    Thx for ur reply..
    the things is my native database server is not set properly...
    i noted this by double click on server.exe under this file path
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\Database Server and i hit an error saying that:
    The program is unable to connect to the server's process.This is because the server is running as a service using a system account. Please run the client using the network instead.

Help...or wher to get precise manual for native db installation for multi-user environment.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The documentation is on your install CD in DOC folder in file "w1w1ism.pdf". You cannot start the server.exe without parameters. In common the server is installed as service and you can use the mmc snap-in to set the parameters.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• teckpohteckpoh Member Posts: 271
    thank kriki.....u solved my problem....thx a lot~~