Options

how to get all users info in different companies in a report

dilladilla Member Posts: 31
Hi All,

I have a requirement to get all ADusers information in a database from all companies in the same database.

Now I am getting ADusers information from the current company from which I'm running a customozed report.

How can I get all ADusers iinformation in all companies in a single report.(all users information from all companies)

how can I use CHANGECOMPANY function in report.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dilla

Comments

• Options
    awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
    Here is what I would do (and I am unfamiliar with the ADUsers functionality, but I will assume it is a custom table).

//Loop through all of the companies, in each one add the ADUsers data to a temporary record. This is on the PreDataItem of the Integer dataitem.

Company.RESET;
    IF Company.FINDFIRST THEN REPEAT
    ADUsers.RESET:
    ADUsers.CHANGECOMPANY(Company.Name);
    //if there are filters to be applied through a request form apply them here
    if ADUsers.FINDFIRST THEN REPEAT
    tmpADUsers := ADUsers;
    tmpADUsers.INSERT;
    UNTIL ADUsers.NEXT = 0;
    UNTIL Company.NEXT = 0;

//One dataitem in the report

OnPreDataItem (after the above)

tmpADUsers.RESET;
    SETRANGE(Number,1,tmpADUsers.COUNT);
    bfirst := TRUE;

OnAfterGetRecord
    IF bfirst THEN BEGIN
    bfirst := FALSE;
    tmpADUsers.FINDFIRST;
    END ELSE
    tmpADUsers.NEXT;

//and on the sections, just have the data display using the tmpADUsers variable

//NOTE - you may have to create a copy of the ADUsers table, and add a Company field to it which becomes part of the primay key. This table does not need to be in the license range. Use this record as the temporary record. This would ensure that if the same user is in more than one company that you can insert it. This requires a change in the code that inserts the temporary record.

tmpADUsers.TRANSFERFIELDS(ADUsers);
    tmpADUsers.Company := Company.Name;
    tmpADUsers.INSERT;

Hope this helps.

-a
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you mean Active Directory users, that that table is Company independent. It means that you will see same informations for all companies.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    dilladilla Member Posts: 31
    HI Awarn,

Thank you for your reply,

I am getting data from "Change Log Entry" table and I have one customized table called "Power Users".now I have to generate a report from all all companies in database.

In "Power Users" table users may differ for each company. Now I am getting "power users" cheanges in report but I am getting only current company "Power users" changes.

how can I get all "Power Users" changes from all companies in a single report.

Kindly help me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Dilla