Navision/Lanham EDI 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgement

JoyceJoyce Member Posts: 6
I am trying to create an 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgement. This is my first attempt at creating this transaction in Navision. I am on Navision Version 3.70.

I am not sure if my mapping is correct. I not sure if there is some kind of trigger or mechanism I need to engage to make the 855 export happen.

I went through my documentation titled: EDI Mapping & Processing Guide Version SEO.27.34 dts 04/03/2002. (There is a one line sentence that only mentions the 855 as an outbound transaction - no other information is shown)

I went through my documentation " EDI Generation 2 Upgrade Guide" dtd 09/05/2003.

I can map the 810 and the 850 with no problem. So, I have a slight clue on the mapping. I have the trading partner specifications for the 855. (I have done the mapping – but I not sure if the mapping is correct - I mapped the 855 list like the 810)

Here are my thoughts: (am I close?)
Once I bring in the 850, I should be able to send my 855 transactions out immediately - But I don't know what trigger that move.

In my EDI Trade Partner profile: On the "Export Option" tab, I have only one option: Order Status Required -- I have checked this box. I though this would be the trigger that initiate the 855 request. (I know I am guessing)

Am I missing documentation? The documentation I have does not have any particular information on the 855.

Is there more information on the 855 transactions that I am missing, Do I need to do something special?

Comments

• Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    Any chance you have the demo 3.70 database? I'm fairly sure that Lanham set up an 855 in their demo db. The last version I worked with was v4.00 SP2, so I could be remembering functionality specific to that version. But if you can get your hands on the demo db, that would give you some very helpful answers.
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • JoyceJoyce Member Posts: 6
    My CD is the 3.60 demo database. But thank you for the information. I will if I can find someone with that information.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You have to run report 14002355 - Send Purch. Order Ack. to send the 855 out.
    Yes, I have executed that report several times. I used every filter possible, to pull the data. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The next logical place to look is your EDI Send Documents. To make sure that there is an EDI Send Document record generated.

If not, the it's most likely the setup is not complete. :(
  • Joe_MathisJoe_Mathis Member Posts: 173
    Hi Joyce,

Did you try the recreate document option?

Unfortunately the earliest version I am working with is for 5.0 and we've got it all kinds of customized.

I would think that if the EDI tab is populated with an EDI document number (EDI Internal Doc. No.) that it would need to be recreated.

Also for the purchase order is the order marked as

EDI Order = TRUE
    EDI Released = TRUE

If not they won't get picked up either.

It's hard to run a guess at what could be wrong without checking in a lot of different places. I just know that once it is running it works very well.

Good luck,
    Hope this helped.

Joe
    Alex and Joe: Thank you for your suggestions.

EDI Send Document Record:
    I checked there and nothing. (When I saw nothing was there, that is when I started to question my mapping of this transaction)

Recreate Document Option
    I did see the recreate document option - I don't think I checked that box.
    I will try your suggestion.

I definitely checked to see make sure the order was "Released" (Actually, I though the order "Release" would be a part of the trigger to the 855 being exported)

Anyway, I do appreciate everyone comments. Now I just need to review my mapping, hope I can find the 3.70 documentation. If not I will contact Lanham.

Thank you everyone.
    Oh yea: Captain DX4. the information on the cd - 3.70 database demo. Greatly appreciated that information on the cd.

Once again thank you everyone.