Syncronising clients between two companies in the same DB

imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
I have a client who is creating a new company which is going to have pretty much the same client list as an existing company.

Can the list of clients be exported/imported? What mechanisim can be used to do this? I've been searching through the forum but can't find anything related - though I'm probably searching for the wrong keywords.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards

Ian

Comments

• girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    Basically this is a data migration task - and a fairly easy one at that - its just data port -- you may also have to bring over some related records (payment terms, customer comments, etc.)

This is so straightforward, it would be hard to recommend any other way.

However for argument's sake - here is an alternative solution

Create your new company from your old company (backup company, rename the original to the new, restore the backup)

Go into NAV and use a table delete tool to remove all records that you don't want (all the ledgers, etc.) You can choose to only leave the customer records and tables that relate to the customer.

Run database test on your remaining tables, and resolve whatever issues emerge (if the previous step was properly, there should be very few)
  • bayoumamabayoumama Member Posts: 2
    or just share out the customer table, but will need code to make sure credit line stays in LCY