Descending list view question

XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
How can I display a table in descending order but from the top?

(So that the initially marked record is the 'last' record.)

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    You would need to display the table in a form. Going directly into a table will not allow you to sort it.

If I'm getting your question correctly..
    You are marking (Ctrl-F1) some lines and then you are Viewing Marked Only.

Now the Shft-F8 (Sort) can still be used and you have Ascending & Descending choices. But if you want the system to somehow know the Time or Order in which you marked something..not happening.

But if you're going down a list and marking as you are going, then want to reverse the list once done - then click sort(Descending)
  • XypherXypher Member Posts: 297
    Ok bad use of the word 'mark'.

I am using a form to display a table list. I am wanting to show the list in Descending order (I understand how to do this) but I also want the initially 'selected' item to be the last.

If you're looking in Ascending view (default), the top item is selected (the first item).

If you're looking in Descending view, the bottom item is selected (the first item).
    You mean like...
    1)go to your form
    2)go to designer
    3)view properties
    4)change SourceTableView to ORDER(Descending)
    Say your form's Table list only has ... 10 row height.

You set the SourceTableView to, yes, ORDER(Descending)

But lets say the table has 100 or so records.

When you run the form and initially view the Table... it is in Descending order, yes, but it's scrolled all the way to the bottom of the list with the first record selected.

Once you start adding to the table, it corrects itself, and you start seeing things from the top of the list (bottom of the actual list of data).

Have I explained it better that time? 8-[
    Ok - try the SourceTablePlacement property

Use this property to tell the system what record to display when the user opens this form.

The first record in the table : First
    The last record in the table : Last
    The record being shown the last time the user displayed the form :Saved (default)

Did I understand this time? :-k
    You know I did see that property. And I did mess around with it. You would think from what it tells you about that property that this should do exactly what I want..

But, from what I've seen, no matter which value I set that property to nothing changes :?

[edit]

Woops... yeah it works, I just didn't mess around with the property enough. Works with 'First' value to do what I want. :sick: