Cost Amount (Expected) not being reversed

luamlluaml Member Posts: 27
Hi,

I'm currently facing the problem whereby the cost amount (expected) in the value entry table is not being reversed out during the posting of Invoice from purchase order.

By right, when the receipt is being posted, it will create an entry in value entry with the cost amount (expected). after the invoicing part, it suppose to reverse out the cost amount (expected) and put in the cost amount (actual).however, in some cases, i actually have the problem whereby the cost amount (expected) is not being reversed out, causing the average cost of the item to somehow double up.

How should i solve this problem? how do i prevent it and what should i do in order for the existing wrong records in value entry to be corrected?

for your information, the balances in posted into the interim account is also not being reversed out when the cost amount (expected) in the value entry is not being reversed out.

besides, the problem is not applicable for all the invoice posting in the purchase order. i am not sure under what circumtances that the problem will arise.. HELP~!!!!

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Which version?
    2) Are you running Adjustment batches 1 and 2?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • luamlluaml Member Posts: 27
    Hi there,

We are currently using Nav 4 SP1.

Yes. We did run the following batch job:
    1. Adjust Cost - Item Entries
    2. Post Inventory Cost to G/L
  • girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    Are you using Production BOMs?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    There's a problem where the expected cost is not recognized if you post an production BOM without components in 4.0 SP1.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Possible expected cost bugs corrected in SP2 and SP3:
    A239) Incorrect Inventory Value Calculated For Third Revaluation.
    Error
    While posting an invoice the expected cost was reduced. As the revaluation has an expected cost too, it should have been reduced for the quantity invoiced. Unfortunately it was only reduced for the first revaluation. So the expected cost for the second revaluation was still added to the inventory value. Thus the inventory value was calculated wrongly.
    This has been corrected
    Codeunit 22 Item Jnl.-Post Line

VSA reference: 8299651

A267) Expected Costs Are Not Reduced In Manufacturing
    Error
    A wrong condition was applied before vital code was executed in Procedure CalcMfgAdjustedCost. Thus the adjustment did not reduce the expected cost.
    This has been corrected
    Codeunit 5895 Inventory Adjustment

VSA reference: 8337630

A14) Total Inventory Not Considering Reversal of Expected Cost and WIP
    Error
    When posting Inventory cost to G/L report - Total Inventory didn't consider the reversal of expected cost and WIP.
    This has been corrected
    Codeunit 5802 Inventory Posting To G/L

VSA reference: 8478480
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • luamlluaml Member Posts: 27
    We are not using the Production BOM.

Purely just the purchase of item and selling of the item. For your information, normally after the receiving of the item, we will actually get the Purchase Invoice after 1 or 2 months from the date of receiving. So, before the posting of invoice in the PO, we will hv the item being partially sold out or transferred to other location.

Besides, we have the following setting in Inventory Setup:
    - Automatic Cost Posting = false
    - Expected Cost Posting = true
    - Automatic Cost Adjustment = never

Then, at the end of each day, we will have the scheduler to run the following batch job:
    - Adjust Cost - Item Entries
    - Post Inventory Cost to G/L

I will try to merge the codeunit 22 Item Jnl.-Post Line
    and 5802 Inventory Posting To G/L from SP3 into my SP1 version. However, how should I patch the data in the Value Entry so that the costing is calculated correctly? and so that, cost in sales transactions will be corrected and the interim balance is being reversed out from the GL side.