Disable List button

txantxagorritxantxagorri Member Posts: 23
How can i disable the List button in a form?? The blue button which are in the top of the screen.
Thankssss!

Comments

• ar4ijsar4ijs Member Posts: 24
    By removing LookupFormID property from the source table.
    Be aware that this will disable default lookup form for this table and lookup from other places without special code won't work.
  • txantxagorritxantxagorri Member Posts: 23
    ar4ijs wrote:
    By removing LookupFormID property from the source table.
    Be aware that this will disable default lookup form for this table and lookup from other places without special code won't work.

No, i have made another form to view the jobs, and only in this form i want to disable the list button.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This function is generic functionality of the NAV and you cannot just disable it, sorry. Try to describe why you need to do that, may be we can help you to find another way around.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jamesjames Member Posts: 56
    I have the same problem, whereby I have created a bespoke Customer Card that has limited fields available and removed the buttons at the bottom of the screen so that access is limited.

The problem is because it is using the Customer table it inherits the List form from this table, so when the user clicks the list button, they are able to get back to the original Customer Card.

One way round it is that I will have to create a new field in the User Setup table and code into the list form that will prevent the user being able to open this form.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,

Another suggestion is to use roles and permissions... Very time consuming but the customer might do it for you ( oh look a flying pig... :lol: )
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • nitindabasnitindabas Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,

Step 1: Create a flow filter field in the table with name "Form Filter".

Step 2: On the form for which you want to disable list button write the following code
    Form - OnOpenForm()
    SETRANGE("Form Filter",5740);
    Where 5740 is the form ID of the form for which you want to disable list button

Step 3: Now write the folloowing code on the List Form
    Form - OnOpenForm()
    IF GETFILTER("Form Filter") = '5740' THEN
    CurrForm.CLOSE;

Code written in the step 2 will send the Form No. to the list type form with the help of flow filter.

and then the code written in the step 3 will close the list form as soon as it is opened from the form for which you want to disable list button.

I hope this information will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Nitin Dabas

NIDA Technologies (P) Limited
    New Delhi, India
    Nitin Dabas

NIDA Technologies (P) Ltd.
    New Delhi, India