some questions about Suggest Vendor Payments

gisongison Member Posts: 128
Hello all,

I'm trying to understand the function of suggest payment.
There is a situation user might be concerned....
While we do the suggest payment, the Balance Account Type always show on the same line with vendor.

My question is, isn't possible to show it in separately then user can see the credit side and debit side?

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Usually the Balancy Account Type is one type (bank), and one bank Account No.

Also Debits equal credits for the whole journal, which is shown at the bottom left side of the journal.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    You do not have to have a balancing account, you can have none created and then manually add a balancing line to the bottom of the journal. The issue here of course is that for all of the individual payments to the vendors you have one entry in the bank account, so you cannot reconcile the bank. So you see the balancing account against each line enables the reconciliation in the bank.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • gisongison Member Posts: 128
    very thank you for help. Please allow me to clarify the question.
    The result from suggest payment report are looks like is:
    Line No. 10000 Account Type: Vendor, Account No. 001, Debit Amount: 9999, Balance Account:bank Account, Balance Account No: B01

Is it possible make it become 2 separate line without modify suggest payment report and manual enter the journal line, what it look like is:
    Line No. 10000 Account Type: Vendor, Account No. 001, Debit Amount: 9999
    Line No. 20000 Account Type: Bank Account, Account No. B01, Credit Amount: 9999
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Why?

What benefit are you gaining to see the balancing entry split on a separate line prior to posting? If this is to generate a report then you need to modify the report not the system.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here, but you would need to modify it to achieve your example.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen