How to setup the Ship-to Address List on the order form?

navvynavvy Member Posts: 79
I have a problem ](*,)

I want to make a new Order on the Cronus demo company. The customer has various Ship-to Adresses,
but it's not possible for me to setup some Ship-to Adresses on the "Ship-to Address List" because the form is completely deactivated ?!

screenshot: Ship-to Address List

How can I "activate" this List ?
navvy
Freelance Developer

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You have to setup the Ship-to addresses first on the Customer Card. Click on Customer --> Ship-to Addresses.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    you can also design the form list, click on property button and search for Editable property. Change it to Yes, and save it. This will of course modify the object but will allow you to insert them at sales Order entry.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • navvynavvy Member Posts: 79
    thanks for your answers :D

Both solutions are working fine. But, why isn't it possible to select a "normal" address from contacts table to use as ship-to address? (I'm sure there is a reason...)
    navvy
    Freelance Developer
  • awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
    The Ship-to Code field looks only at the Ship to Addresses that are defined for the customer. It does not look at the contact addresses.

If you want all of those addresses to be available, you probably want a mod that creates ship-to records when contact records are created, so that the addresses will be in both places.

-a
  • navvynavvy Member Posts: 79
    thank you for this information.
    The Ship-to Code field looks only at the Ship to Addresses that are defined for the customer. It does not look at the contact addresses.

That's absolutely clear for me, but why did they do that ? I mean, in many other ERP-Systems the ship-to address can be selected from a "central" address table.
    What is the reason for this default configuration ?
    If you want all of those addresses to be available, you probably want a mod that creates ship-to records when contact records are created, so that the addresses will be in both places.

If my customer really need those addresses, I will probably create an import function...
    navvy
    Freelance Developer