Planning Tab - Item Card/Requisition Worksheet

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

I'm trying to setup planning parameters for ordering stock but so far when I run the 'Calculate Plan' I seem to keep getting the same results regardless of Reordering Policy/Reorder Point/Reorder Quantity. I've read lots on the subject including many postings here so I think I understand what should be happening. What I want to achieve is a policy where I can run Calculate Plan and it gives me the POs required to meet the sales forecast/sales orders and keep a minimum safety stock.

I have an item with 2 SOs - 1 for qty 2 and 1 for qty 154 (total 156).
It seems whatever planning parameters I choose the 'Calculate Plan' always suggests 2 PO lines - one for each SO for the SO quantity. This meets the demand but would leave me zero inventory, even though I set a Reorder Point/Reorder Quantity/Safety Stock Level.

I must be missing something simple.

I'm using Navision 4.01 SQL (Danish localisations)

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Comments

• aretiefaretief Member Posts: 4
    Hi Jonathan,

To Achieve this, I will outline at a high level what is required:

Item Card:
    - Reordering Policy = "Lot-for-Lot" (see F1 for explanation)
    - Reorder Cycle = something like 1W (1 week) perhaps, to group demand within a certain period, i.e. not to get a PO for each sales order, but group orders within reorder cycle period starting with order date
    - Safety Stock Qty = whatever you choose
    You can ignore other fields on planning tab of the item card

Create the two sales orders, make sure the shipment dates of the sales orders are going to be within the "planning horison" of your "calculate plan", i.e. order date and end date of "calculate plan"

Please be aware that if the "Replenishment System" of the item is "Purchase", sales forecasts in the form of "Production Forecasts" will be ignored. The only other way to then include some forecast quantity would probably be to create some blanket order(s) - although this would have to be customer specific, as opposed to customer agnostic in the case of production forecasts.

Good luck
  • Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however I've tried what you said and it's still making no difference. The calculate plan is only suggesting orders to cover the quantities on sales order, and seems to ignore any minimum stock level requirements.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jonathan
  • Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
    Ignore me, now I feel :oops:

My problem was down to quantities per unit of measure - I just happened to test the planning on the one item where the pack quantity had been set to 1 instead of 6.

I didn't realise though that the production forecast is not used for 'Purchase' replenishment items (though I guess it makes sense). This is an issue for me - has anybody else implemented a way of using the forecast for purchased items, or done some similar bespoke?

Jonathan
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    You can enter a production forecast for an item that will be considered in the planning engine. Are you sure your forecast is in the future, it ignores it if it is in the past.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen