Checkbox does not click

tscholiadistscholiadis Member Posts: 5
Hi, I have a table with a _boolean_ column (which appears as checkbox on the table). On my laptop it checks and unchecks correctly, however at the client it does not.

I have tried everything I can think of. Has anybody encountered this problem and if so how did they solve it?

Thanks in advance.
Theo

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    We need more info (for both - your laptop and the client workstation):
    1) NAV client version
    2) Used DB (SQL, Native)
    3) Used Operating system
    4) Other details you can share...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • tscholiadistscholiadis Member Posts: 5
    Both the USer and I are using Windows XP

We both have Navision 4.1

I am connecting with my Laptop to the clients MSSQLServer 2000 Database.

I tried the clients user name and password on my laptop to connect to the DB (thinking he didn't have rights for the table) but still the same. I can check them on my laptop for both the admin user and the client user.

Thanks for the prompt response and let me know if you need more info.

Theo
    1) Check, that both finsql.exe (yours and clients) has same Build number (check the File Properties)
    2) Check, that there are no some "skins" on the clients computer installed, which may lead to changing the windows skins and interfering with the controls.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • tscholiadistscholiadis Member Posts: 5
    Thank you very much. That helps.

In addition I found that the user was running to many background programs and that it slowed his PC down _drastically_. That said, we were clicking too fast, not giving the PC time to register the click.

It works fine when some process closed but I still recommended that he gets a faster PC.

Thanks again.
    Theo
    Good to know that you have solved the problem. Could you add the [SOLVED] prefix into the first post subject? Thanks... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.