Granule for PC Assembly

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
Hi Everyone,

A customer deals in assembly of PCs. Each PC assembled has a unique cost due to specific PC configurations.

Please advise which granule can meet the above mentioned requirement.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,
Beatrice.

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    There is no configurator granule. There are a few add-ons though. Try the Microsoft solution finder.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I don't see why standard Navision with Kitting wouldn't solve his requirement.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    I don't see why standard Navision with Kitting wouldn't solve his requirement.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

With regards to the above post from ara3n, I wish to point out that we cannot use the kitting functionality (that is, Bills of Materials), simply because this will create an item in our item master which will remain after it has been sold. Please note that this item will not be used again. That is why we think that the kitting functionality will not be appropriate.

This is due to the fact that every assembled PC has it's own configuration.

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You will be selling an Item called PC. with default parts that all PC have, On sales Order you will add the custom parts. Each Sales Order will sell a PC with custom parts. The BOM could be empty if you wanted it to be.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    You will be selling an Item called PC. with default parts that all PC have, On sales Order you will add the custom parts. Each Sales Order will sell a PC with custom parts. The BOM could be empty if you wanted it to be.

I do not think this will be appropriate because the parts are never the same. There are no default parts for the the the assembled PC.

So to conclude, it can be said that there is no standard Navision functionality which caters for such requirement.

Please confirm.

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.