Outlook Integration Setup Help

Dave_CintronDave_Cintron Member Posts: 189
I have tried reading this manual but I find it virtually incomprehensible. Does anyone have any plain language explanation of how to set this up?
:-k
Dave Cintron
Dynamics West
http://www.dynamicswest.com

Comments

• SpawnSpawn Member Posts: 10
    Basically it is all quite simple. So I try to explain it.

To set the synchronization entities for specific users - Outlook Synch. User Setup must be used. You specify here what data and for whom will be synchronized.

In User ID column you identify the user for synchronization. You should previously create Windows login account with necessary permissions.
    In Synch. Entity Code you specify entities (see Outlook Synch. Entity) which will be synchronized for current user.

In the No. of Elements field you specify all collections which will be synchronized (for example, Recipients for Appointments APP). By default all entities are synchronizing without collections.

In Condition field you can set some manual filters to the synchronizing recordset.

In Synch. Direction field you specify the direction of synchronization. It could be or Bidirectional (information is synchronizing both from Outlook to NAV and vice versa), or only in one side – from Outlook to NAV or from NAV to Outlook.

Looks like that’s it. Hope it helps.