Multi-currency (5+ currencies) reporting from Navison 5.0

Jonny_WatsonJonny_Watson Member Posts: 2
Dear All,

Does anyone have any experience of implementing Navision within a multiple-currency organisation? By multiple-currency I don’t just mean base and additional reporting currency, but 4 or 5 separate currencies that you have to report in.

My company is looking to invest in Navision 5.0, but I have a concern about how best to implement. We operate in numerous countries and currencies (GBP, US$, Euro, Norwegian Krona amongst others) and need to report the P&L for each country in its respective currency as well as providing consolidated financial reports (in GBP & Euro).

We’ve been given an option of bespoking Navision to allow it to record the transactional currency within one company, treating each country as a cost centre and using some bespoke reporting to deliver P&L reports for separate cost centres. The advantage of this route being we have a single ledger and it will be less time consuming for our central Accounting Services team. The alternative is to treat each country as a separate company and to make use of the inter-company posting and consolidation functionality of Navision.

Regards,

Jonny

Comments