send and Don't send

florynxflorynx Member Posts: 81
Hi all,

I have made a dataport to import sales invoice in Sales Invoice Header and Sales Invoice line tables and when i try to import the file i receive the following error :

Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision has encountered a problem and needs to close. we are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in middle of something, the informations where you working on might be lost

Restart Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision

It's classic windows error with send and don't send button.

Exist somebody to help me because I'm tired to try a lot of method without success.

Thank's ](*,)

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    First you need to find where the problem is: is it some code in the dataport or some code in the triggers of the other objects.
    Comment all code that writes the data into the tables and try to run the dataport. This way it ONLY imports the data but does NOT write anything. If it still gives problems, it means it is somewhere in the dataport, otherwise it is somewhere in the other objects.
    You can also try to find the problem with the debugger.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• florynxflorynx Member Posts: 81
    I have tried all things described by kriki but all is ok in code, I thing the problem is when the program wants to insert a new line but never the same line. I spoke with a person from Microsoft and she knows nothings about this problem.

please hurry up with a solution because is no time left.

thank's a lot
  • jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    Try using another computer?
    Rgds,

Jon.
    It's the same problem on all the work station
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    How big is the file? Does it happen right away or after processing for a while? Do you see the progress bar at all? If yes then how far does it get? Have you tried importing just one or a few records to test the dataport?
    The File has 17000 lines

Yes i see the progress bar al the time until the Error appear.
    I have tried whit just 10 lines and it's WORK, but whit more the error is not on the same line all the time. Can be on the first line or on the 100 or 1000 line
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Dataports behave unpredictable with large files.

I would rather create a codeunit and process it through code.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Yeah that or cut the file up into chunks of 1000 lines
    I received this error whit less then 1000 lines
    This is the Description from "send and don't send" Error

The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: finsql.exe; 4.0.3.23305; 4511beb4; finsql.exe; 4.0.3.23305; 4511beb4; 0; 000a5375.

Can someone tell me why ?

Thanks