record does not exist error on resizing form

aldarionaldarion Member Posts: 24
Hello,
I have a very strange problem.
when I try to resize a form when I am on a new record I have an error message telling me that a specific record does not exist and kick me out of the form.
I have the same result when I try to enter this form directly maximised (this doesn't happen if a record exist).
I have suppressed all the code I made on the form to see if it was that but apparently no. I am out of idea with that.
Have someone had this problem and is there a solution other than forbid the resizing of the form?
thank you
oh by the way the problem exist on sql based database as well as native database on MS dynamics NAV 5.0

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Use the debugger to find out where the error occurs. I think somewhere there is code that does a GET or a FIND('=') on the record and that code is launched when the form is resized.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• aldarionaldarion Member Posts: 24
    no the debugger does nothing, it isn't even launched before the error.
    I think I have found the problem, it is a BLOB field that produce the error. now I don't know why it does that but if I hide it there is no error in resizing.
    Is there some known problem with BLOB fields?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kriki wrote:
    Use the debugger to find out where the error occurs. I think somewhere there is code that does a GET or a FIND('=') on the record and that code is launched when the form is resized.

No I think that generally when this error occurs its to do with a flow field or some other filed that is being displayed or that has a bad definition. So since properties do not trigger the debugger, activation the debugger would be a complete waste of time.

Also I don't think its directly the process of resizing the form that is causing the problem. More that resizing the form is forcing some how the display of the problematic field which then generates the error. So you will need to track closer where the actual point is that the error happens, and this is very difficult.

I had a similar case once where I was displaying Sales line records filtered from a table (not sales header), and it took an age to track down the exact field causing the problem. Even then removing the bad field from the form still caused the error to happen. In the end I had to just do it a different way.

Are there any filters on the form when it opens and I don't mean filter group 0 filters as in my experience the error generally comes from other filter groups.
    David Singleton
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    take a look if there are filters in tablerelation of your used fields or subform.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • aldarionaldarion Member Posts: 24
    Thank you for all your advices.
    I checked if there was tablerelation on the field I use and yes there are some field with table relation, but nothing seems wrong.
    As i said, the problem is the blob field. I checked where it come from and see that the directory doesn't exist anymore (at least for my test database) but my superior has it and have the same problem thus it seems it is not related to that. My collegue put a call to MS to see if there are no other known issue about that.