Communication component v 2.0 and UTF-16

gunthergunther Member Posts: 15
Hi all,

I try to work with communication component and MSMQ.

When I post an UTF-8 XML message in message queue, "MessageReceived" trigger work fine, I could read Inmessage and work with XML.

But when I post an UTF-16 XML message in message queue, "MessageReceived" trigger seems to work but Inmessage is empty !

Someone know something about this issue ?

Regards, Gunther.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, I had this problem half a year ago. It seems like a some sort of bug, and because I had no problem to just switch to UTF-8, I am using that type without problems. If you want some official description, just open new service incident on PartnerSource.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    One of the wonderful 'features' of the MQBusadapter. It only handles certain types of messages, and everything else just dissappears.
  • gunthergunther Member Posts: 15
    Hi all,

Thanks for your answers, that doesn't really help me but it's cool to read some answers on my problem :)

That appears the problem come from the MSMQBusAdapter.dll or the NSComCom2.dll, I read somewhere people rewrite these DLL.

I'm interested to know if someone really do this and if that's work fine I'm able to buy it.

Thanks by advance for your help.

Regards, Gunther.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    It's in the busadapter. That was developed to only handle message queueing in very specific situations, and has absolutely no proper exception handling. As long as your messages are within those limitations it works very well and is very stable, but as soon as you need to do something else you're lost.

I was involved in such a project and we didn't write our own dll, but we programmed NAV to use the MSMQ object model directly. Search around the forum and you should be able to find some sample code, I think I posted some of it.
    Hi DenSter, thank you for your answer.

I try now to use MSMQ object model directly.

On your side did you try to use 'Microsoft Message Queue 3.0 Object Library'.MSMQEvent Automation ? In my case nothing seems to happen when I post a MSMQ message.

Thanks by advance for your help.

Regards, Gunther.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    It has been 5 years since last I used MSMQ actual automation, but I'm guessing in Nav you've enabled with EVENTS property?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    Hi ara3n, thank for your interest and yes you expected well I've enabled "with events" property.

Regards, Gunther.