Report displaying all stock in a location with SO

MichaelleeMichaellee Member Posts: 65
edited 2008-04-02 in Navision Financials
Hi all,

Relatively new on the development of Navision and I need to amend a report.

The issue is this:

I am looking for all stock in a certain location and based on the item, be able to detail what SO the item is reserved to, we also have items that are not reserved but are in stock which needs to be displayed as well.

So, I was thinking of using the item ledger entry table to start off as there is an existing report that we have that details all stock in a certain location so that is 1/2 the problem solved (or so I thought).

I then have used the reservation entry table as a Global variable to SETRANGE on each of the items to find all the reservations that are open for the said item. But now, I don't know how to display the SO numbers. I was thinking of using the WHILE statement to collate all the SO numbers into a text field but I am unsure of the syntax for the WHILE statement and have searched the help but to no avail... Also, would this be the best way to do this? We are on version 2.6.

I know that this is a real newbie question but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from Navision Attain forum to Navision Financials forum]
    [PS: can you change the title to something that explains what the topic is about]

I think it is best you have a dataitem for "Item" in which the user can filter the items he wants to see. For the locationcode, you can request that from the user in the requestform.
    Under the item, you can put another dataitem on reservation entry filtered by the item and the location code.
    With this you can show the needed fields on the report.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• MichaelleeMichaellee Member Posts: 65
    Thanks for the help! Been thinking about this but would this show me stock which is "in stock" but not reserved?

Thanks again.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Michaellee wrote:
    Thanks for the help! Been thinking about this but would this show me stock which is "in stock" but not reserved?

Thanks again.
    Yes because the "Reservation Status" will be Surplus and not Reservation or Tracking.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• MichaelleeMichaellee Member Posts: 65
    Thanks for your help. Will try it out.

Mike