JOB Scheduler - Job Queue Entries param/fields - NAV 5.00

andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
Hello,

I have some problems with this function where I can schedule some codeunit/report by NAS with JOBQUEUE parameter.
I setted a Starting time, for example, 01:30 and an Ending Time at 2:55, No. of Minutes between Runs = 1440 (1 day = 60 min x 24 h), Maximum No. of Attempts = 2 so I expect that it runs only one time for a day or maximum 2 times if the first fails.

But it continues to run the codeunit/report a lot of time in the interval between 01:30 and 02:55.
What is wrong? I don't find any documentation/help online about this function.
Can you please help me?

Thank you ery much

Comments

• andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    I have flagged both Recurring Job and Run on each day of the week.
    Is that correct or should I unflag the first one: Recurring Job?

Thank you
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Set the number of minute between times to 1 hour. 60 min. Your start and end time will take care of it not running.

Youneed to make it recurring because you want to run more than once.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • LaserLaser Member Posts: 5
    hello ara3n

In NAV 2009 we have a Field "Maximum No. of Attempts to Run" in the Job Queue Entry Card. If I set it to Zero , Does it Function as if the "Error Handling"Field is SET to "Mark as Error and Stop " in version 4.0 on the Job Scheduler Setup Card(Scheduling details TAB) ?
    hello ara3n

1. In NAV 2009 we have a Field "Maximum No. of Attempts to Run" in the Job Queue Entry Card. If I set it to Zero , Does it Function as if the "Error Handling"Field is SET to "Mark as Error and Stop " in version 4.0 on the Job Scheduler Setup Card(Scheduling details TAB) ?

2. Mark as Error and Stop Field . If there are two Jobs X and Y in the Queue.If X fails Does Y run or even Y is Stopped?

3.Is there a functionality IF X fails Y should be Stopped from running in either version 4.0 or NAV 2009?

4. Is there a functionality in NAV 2009 where can run the Jobs Sequentially? I think Setting the Priority Field doesn't achive the Sequntial execution of jobs in Queue.

Thanks
  • einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    1. Not sure what you are asking for... Job Queue always marks as error and stops the execution of the current Job Queue Entry if any error occurs. "Maximum No. of Attempts to Run" is to give it another try if it fails.
    2. No, Y will be executed.
    3. If the two Job Queue Entries belong together and there's a needed dependency, why not just put it into one Job Queue Entry?
    4. Yes, Field Priority is used to give NAS an indicator if two or more Job Queue Entries are scheduled on the same time, which one should be executed first. Why do you think it's not working?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
    Splendid answers mate thanks :lol: :thumbsup: