Production Calendar schedule overlap

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
Greetings all,

I'm hoping the following is a simple fix. When viewing production orders in the production calendar it seems that there is an overlap for production times for one machine.

Is there a simple way to set a machine to only schedule one production order at a time?

Right now we have 3 production orders scheduled from 1pm to 2pm. we'd like the calendar to automatically schedule the production orders from 1-2pm, then 2-3pm, then 3-4pm. So, only one at a time, and a new production order starts only when the previous is complete.

Any suggestions? I'm assuming this is a simple setting change. Thanks! gad1

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    I think you maybe should use capacity constrained resources. This way the load can't exceed the available capacity for one day. However i don't think this will work well if you have short operation times as you describe, then production orders will be scheduled with overlap until the load is equal capacity.

Why don't you want to allow overlap? The system schedules backward or forward using set up time, run time, wait time etc on the routing without consideration of available capacity.

Right now more than one job at a time is scheduled for the same machine.

Suggestions? Thanks!
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    What was wrong with the suggestion as defining the machine as a capacity constrained work centre with 100% capacity?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    I reread the post...sorry about that. I will look into that solution.

Thanks - Chris
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    No problem, you know where we are if it does not work! :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    I've tried to figure this out but am a little stuck...how do I set up 'capacity constrained resources' referred to above?

Thanks for any help.