Options

Nas and firewall

MaciMaci Member Posts: 65
edited 2004-03-19 in Navision e-Commerce
Hy

We have an instalation with NAS 3.70 (HF12) in a server outside the firewall. It connect to a Navision BD Server 3.70, in another server, on the other side of the firewall. Additional, in the same server with the NAS, we have our web site, talking with NAS with XML files.

The connection is ok, but if the site is innactive for aprox 2 hours, the connection is lost. I supose is something in the firewall configuration, but I´m not the server administrator and I can´t do anymore :(

Some of you with a similar experience? What can we do to not lost the connection?

Thanks for your help.
Maci

Comments

• Options
    Stefan_HillmannStefan_Hillmann Member Posts: 9
    Hi Maci,

what kind of communication do you use ?
    MSMQ, Socket Bus, Named Pipes ????

"the connection is lost..." => what does this mean ?
    what sthe error reported in webserver ?

Stefan
  • Options
    Hi Stefan,

I use MSMQ communication. NAS and Web Pages read/write in queues on the same server. This works fine... but just for 2 hours.

(Sorry for my english, is poor) When I say "the connection is lost" I mean than if you see the Event Viewer you can see a message saying an "EconReset" error, it is, the same error when you are in a client Navision and occurs an lan error, and windows say "The client has lost the connection to the server, Try to reset the client, test the lan... etc" . Basically is the same error.

Thanks for your help
  • Options
    Stefan_HillmannStefan_Hillmann Member Posts: 9
    Hi Maci,

sounds as if there are problems in network traffic.
    When the NAS logs the error within the event log and you don`t
    stop and restart the service, does it recover by itself (perhaps you have to not change the state of the NAS for a while...)
    As I think, the NAS should try every 30 seconds to bind to the Server.
    So you should have an entry in event log every 30 seconds, do you ?

Stefan

(my english is even not the best, I know. ...But who cares ?? )
  • Options
    If you see the state of the NAS service, after two hours, you can see that it is ok, nothing was stop.

But if you try (in the web pages) a login (is there where we have a XML conversation NAS-web pages), you will receive a "no reply for Navision", and then is when you can see the error EconReset in the EventViewer, and another Events, who say you the NAS is up again, automatically ...

If you try the login 1-2 minutes after the firs error... it works!!! We definitivelly have an :evil: in our server...