Payment to a abnormal transaction

NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
Hi,

I am having a hard time on how to do this scenario in navision. The company has 2 vendors (Vendor1, Vendor2). Vendor1 is a insurance provider and Vendor2 is a broker. Vendor1 will bill Vendor2, and Vendor2 will bill the company. When I pay Vendor2, the withholding tax should be in Vendor1. ](*,)

Please suggest me solution.

Many thanks....
Navision noob....

Comments

• Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    I'm not 100% sure what you are describing here, but I'm going to take a guess that you're talking about setting up your Vendor1 record with the [Pay-to Vendor No.] field filled in with the code for Vendor2. That way the tax setup should work based on Vendor1, but the payments will go back to Vendor2.
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Hi Kristopher,

Here is what I exactly need in the transaction. I will invoice a transaction to Vendor1 but Pay it to Vendor2 (I have created a purchase invoice "Buy from Vendor" Vendor1 and alter the "Pay to Vendor" Vendor2). But the system puts the wht on Vendor2 not on Vendor1 (becuase the amount of transcation net of wht will be paid to vendor2 and I need to pay the wht amount to Vendor1).

Many Thanks....
    Navision noob....
  • Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    Then definitely you need to update your Vendor Card for Vendor1 and change the [Pay-to Vendor No.] field on the "Invoicing" tab. In this field you will enter Vendor2.

Then when you create invoices to post to Vendor1, the amount should appear in the Vendor Ledger marked as outstanding for Vendor2. When you create your payment journal, the amounts will show owing to Vendor2.
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer