Booted from NAV after a deleteall(true)

girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
I set a range on a field, then call deleteall(true) on the record, and I'm kicked out of NAV whether I do this through the client or through code. The records are not deleted.

However, if I pick just a single record and run delete(true), I have no problems.

I noticed something else. When I try to detele certain records from the table, my session gets killed. Every time I try to detele those records I get kicked out. For other records, I can successfully delete them.

All of the records were part of a data migration. Any idea how I might try to track down this issue?
Does anyone have an explanation? Has anyone seen this before?

Thank you,

Girish

Comments

• rvduurenrvduuren Member Posts: 92
    Hello Girish,

Could it be a damaged/broken database.. ..Did you try a database test on your weird acting table?
    Met vriendelijke groet, best regards,

Rvduuren
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I set a range on a field, then call deleteall(true) on the record, and I'm kicked out of NAV whether I do this through the client or through code. The records are not deleted.

However, if I pick just a single record and run delete(true), I have no problems.

I noticed something else. When I try to detele certain records from the table, my session gets killed. Every time I try to detele those records I get kicked out. For other records, I can successfully delete them.

All of the records were part of a data migration. Any idea how I might try to track down this issue?
    Does anyone have an explanation? Has anyone seen this before?

Thank you,

Girish

What version of NAV (from to) and is this Native?
    David Singleton
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I think that if it was a corrupt table the error message woul be different. My first guess would be a conversion from 2.60 to 3.10 or later and accessing a table that previously was a single table and is now broken into a detailed table like ILE or Cust or vendor.

This can happen then that a field that used to exist is now a flow field, so the code still compiles, but things go wacky when you try to do stuff with it.

I saw this happen once with a very bad upgrade from 2.60 Manufacturing to 3.01
    David Singleton
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You get this problem on the Warehouse Activity Line table when using SQL2005 in version 5.0.