Error while renaming the Item No.

Neha_SardaNeha_Sarda Member Posts: 5
Hi..
When i try to rename the item no. in item card i am getting an error saying,

The field below must be included in the table's primary key
Field -> Global Dimension 1 Filter
Table -> Item

I have checked all the objects through code coverage, there is nothing customized. Also Global Dimension 1 Filter is a flow filter which can never be included in a key.I am not getting anything while debugging also ](*,)

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Try searching on the forum. There is a topic that was resolved discussing exactly what you've encountered.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Neha Sarda wrote:
    Hi..

Table -> Item

I have checked all the objects through code coverage, there is nothing customized. Also Global Dimension 1 Filter is a flow filter which can never be included in a key.I am not getting anything while debugging also ](*,)

Its been discussed many times, its a bug in NAV that has been there since Navision Financial version 1.1 (it was not in versions 0.9 or 1.0) you need to find the table relation that points to the Item table and filters by global dim 1.
    David Singleton
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Neha Sarda wrote:
    Hi..

Table -> Item

Its been discussed many times, its a bug in NAV that has been there since Navision Financial version 1.1 (it was not in versions 0.9 or 1.0) you need to find the table relation that points to the Item table and filters by global dim 1.

It is not "filtering" but looking up for the field "Global Dimension 1 Filter" instead of the PK. It means that you will have TableRelation like Item."Global Dimension 1 Code" somewhere in some table...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Is this really a bug though? I'm thinking that the reason for the error is the violation of database normalization theories.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Is this really a bug though? I'm thinking that the reason for the error is the violation of database normalization theories.

It is a "bug" because standard definition is using non-PK field for TableRelation, which is violation of DB normalization... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kine wrote:
    Alex Chow wrote:

It is a "bug" because standard definition is using non-PK field for TableRelation, which is violation of DB normalization... ;-)

Correct. The bug is that Navsion allows you to create this relationship in the first place.

The most amazing thing is that I first reported this bug when upgrading a customer from Navision Financials 1.0 to Navision finacials 1.1 So this is not new.

Anyway the reason for this is stupid. Basically in the DOS version of Navision the primary key for Report, Import and Batch objects was the NAME of the object. In financials they introduced the Object number. But the convesion tool from DOS created Report links to the Name instead of the Object number, so in 1.1 they made this change. 13 years later we have a bug that is only there to support the upgrade from DOS :shock:
    David Singleton