Internal Error X in Module Y

jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
I've run into another one of these wonderfully descriptive error messages in Navision.

Now I think I can work around it by restructuring my code...however I was wondering if anyone has any idea on what these messages mean? Are there any resources in Partnersource or online that can actually shed some light into what error code or condition has been encountered?

It certainly would make my life a lot easier when I encounter these!
Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I have an old version - I believe there was a great post way back when that someone posted all the errors.

Here's the one I have perhaps if you search the forum you will find the other.
    http://www.geocities.com/navision_attai ... s_List.xls

I have it on geocities but I know as soon as a few people start clicking it they will make it unavailable for a day. If this happens let me know - I'll move it to googlepages.
  • Revolution1210Revolution1210 Member Posts: 161
    Ian

www.NextEqualZero.com
    A technical eye on Dynamics NAV
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    On msdynamics.de, the have a special forum devoted to it. Good info, but in German :| .

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Perhaps the Google translator can attack it!
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479

was just about to post that one :mrgreen: thanks Revolution.

PS the wiki is the best place for stuff like this, since ANYONE can just edit and add more info. Please if you have more details to add, just log in and edit.

Thanks.
    David Singleton
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    It would indeed be nice that the solutions for some errors (like deleting zup, or installing new client, or updating BIOS or whatever ..) would be added to the errors itself.

Unfortunately, not many people know that wike is updatable by anyone... . If I think of it, I will update it in the furture :wink:.

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    Waldo wrote:
    On msdynamics.de, the have a special forum devoted to it. Good info, but in German :| .
    There is also an overview about all internal errors as pdf download.
    The document itself is in german but the error descriptions are in english.
    So the main information in this download should be readable for everybody.

Further informations (reasons, solutions, ...) are availible within the special forum, which is viewable for registered members which are working for a Microsoft certified Business Solution Partner.
    (I will grant access to this forum if the e-mail domain of the registered member belongs to an MBSP. Just send me a pm after registering.)
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Waldo wrote:
    It would indeed be nice that the solutions for some errors (like deleting zup, or installing new client, or updating BIOS or whatever ..) would be added to the errors itself.

Unfortunately, not many people know that wike is updatable by anyone... . If I think of it, I will update it in the furture :wink:.

Yes I am not sure why that is, there are a few hundred people reading the wiki, but very few seem to know that they can update. The advantage of the wiki, is that its ALWAYS in the same place, so its easy to update so its gret for things that change.

Please if you can add more info please do.

Anyone that has more details about any error X of Y please update it on the wiki.
    David Singleton