Closing Statement

SavithaSavitha Member Posts: 56
Hi,

I am closing the accounting period by selecting all the dimensions.
As specified in the document, i am able to see all the entries grouped by account no. and dimension but the P&L Account has only 1 entry without any dimension. Is there any way that the profit is shown based on the dimension?

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    For analysing Profit and Loss you should use Income Statement Account. AFAIK accounting will require consolidated entry in Profit & Loss Account (Balance Sheet Account)
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • SavithaSavitha Member Posts: 56
    I think i was not very clear..
    ok let me explain with an example.
    Location is a global dimension, I want the separate profit or loss amount based on the location.
    Eg:Loc1 is a dimension,Loc2 is another dimension value.
    I want separate entries for Profit & Loss account attached with these dimensions.
    Is this possible?
  • alsolalsol Member Posts: 243
    There are different possibilities:

1. you can run any financial statement or chart of accounts and set a flowfilter for the appropriate dimension. This gives you the P&L statement just for the selected dimension value.

2. If you have the Dimension Analysis in your licence, you can create an Analysis View and select the dimensions you would like to use for this Analysis (up to 4 different dimensions).

Then you have to update this view and run Financial Management -> General Ledger -> Analysis and Reporting -> Analysis by Dimension. Then select G/L Account as Lines and your Location dimension as columns and Navision shows a P&L statement per Location.

I hope this helps.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    I am presuming it is the actual posting of the retained profit here, you can close by dimension but the balancing entry to the defined retained earnings account is not split by dimension.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    I am presuming it is the actual posting of the retained profit here, you can close by dimension but the balancing entry to the defined retained earnings account is not split by dimension.

Correct. The system will not post the retained earning account dimension wise. Customization needs to be done to acheive this.
    CA Sandeep Singla
  • hanthant Member Posts: 115
    ssingla wrote:

Correct. The system will not post the retained earning account dimension wise. Customization needs to be done to acheive this.

Hi,

I am facing the same problem. My client need the closing transaction to be posted to Retained earning acct. seperately by dimension (Location). Could you please provide more detail about the customization? What do we need to customize?

Thanks and regards,

hant
  • hanthant Member Posts: 115
    Hi all,

Does anyone can help me about this?

thanks,

hant
    You need to modify report 94 Close Income Statement in which a variable TotalAmount is defined and you need to modify the calculation of the same.
    CA Sandeep Singla