Production Orders for processing only

jknauftjknauft Member Posts: 89
Has anyone ever run across an easy way to create a production order that is processing costs only? I have a situation where the raw material and finished good are the same item. The production process only adds costs to the unit cost of the item. I was able to make it work by creating a component line equal to the item I was creating. That way the output and consumption were the same quantities and the work center assigned to the output added overhead, processing costs etc. Is this the best way to handle this?

Comments

• romeosdfromeosdf Member Posts: 20
    i suggest to create another item called "processed item" and deal with it as separate item
    Romeo
    MCT - Dynamics
    ERP implementor/consultant
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    You are adding value and process, it is not the same item after the processing as it is before, so create a new item and track it appropriately. How do you know if you do a stock check and they are the same item which is raw material and which is finished goods if they are the same item. You really should crete a new item for the finished item consuming the raw material with the process costs added.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen