Problem with Adjust Cost Item Entries - Standard Cost

joshplummerjoshplummer Member Posts: 39
So, I just upgraded from 3.6 to 5.0, and I have what appears to be a very large issue with how Adjust Cost behaves in 5.0 versus 3.6.

In 3.6, Adjust Cost would calculate variances according to the Standard Cost. So, if my standard cost is $100, and it cost me $90 to make it, I would get a $10 favorable variance.

In 5.0, Adjust Cost is basing it's variances on what appears to be Last Direct Cost. So, my standard is $100. And, for some reason, I had to get one done on the outside, short run, and it cost me $150. But, making it internally, I record $90 of cost. I should see a favorable variance of $10. But, Nav 5.0 is giving me an unfavorable variance of $50.

All Items are set to use the Standard Costing method. Last Direct Cost shouldn't even be considered in any way when using Standard Costing.

Please help.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    I am not seeing this on my version 5, but it is not upgraded.

The adjust cost works as you originally describe it. In 5 if I have a standard cost of 100 and buy for 90 I get a favourable 10.

Was your transaction a converted one? If you create a simple test in a test environment from new what happens?

If you look at the item ledger entry I presume the cost is 100, what is the associated value entry showing you?

The standard cost on the item is 100 and you can see this and the entries making it up?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • joshplummerjoshplummer Member Posts: 39
    As you can tell from my subject line, I'm extremely frustrated.

The new 5.0 Adjust Cost is posting WIP adjustments, and various other adjustments, to Production Orders (and others) that were closed, and completely invoiced YEARS AGO.

As a result, it appears that Adjust Cost is shooting itself in the foot and adjusting the cost of a current production order using an incorrectly adjusted cost of a previous production order.

I never received any instructions on how to make Adjust Cost behave normally once migrated to 5.0. Is there someting I need to do so that Adjust Cost doesn't blindly charge through my entire history and make ridiculous and unnecessary adjustments??
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Nothing to my knowledge but I have not done an upgrade in that environment.

You would need to get your partner and Microsoft involved so they can assess the issue and decide the cause and hopefully fix it.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen