Dimension Hierarchies in Business Analytics

StuAllenStuAllen Member Posts: 12
Hi,

I've hit a problem with dimension hierarchies and cannot see a way around it.

My senario is as follows:

V5 Navision installed in a test environment with 2 Companies Cronus Uk and Cronus Europe (exact copy of each other) and the demo business analytics cubes installed. I'm viewing the cubes through Excel 2007.

Using the 'Detail Cust_Ledg_Entry' cube as an example I can select customer as one dimension (rows) and company as another dimension (column) and Amount LCY as the measure. This works fine and the grand total is a total of both companies. If I change the customer dimension for a dimension that has a hierarchy (area in this example) then the cube goes wrong. I get the dimension repeated for each company.

I've had a look in visual studio to see how the dimension is created and the key on the area dimension is Company and Code. I just need to have the key as code how do I change this? I've tried removing from the dimension but just end up breaking the cube.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Stuart

Answers

• StuAllenStuAllen Member Posts: 12
    I've had a response from Microsoft.

It is designed this way to prevent wrong information being shown if a dimension value is different in each company, eg. Account 10005 may be fixed assets in company 1 but Account 10000 may be fixed assets in company 2.