Item Permissions

AnonymousAnonymous Guest Posts: 137
I am new to Navision and need to change the permissions for the data in the item card so that not all the users can modify the data.

I have looked at the permissions on the security setup and have done what I thought was correct but it does not seem to work.

Please if you can help me.

Regards
Daniel Frampton

Object Type Object ID Object Name Read Permission Insert Permission Modify Permission Delete Permission Execute Permission Security Filter
Table Data 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Table Data 27 Item Yes Indirect Yes
Table 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Table 27 Item Yes Indirect Yes
Form 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Report 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Dataport 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Codeunit 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
XMLport 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
MenuSuite 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
System 0 Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    modify yes :?: With this permission, all user can modify the tabledatas.

If the user could only read, not modify, not insert, not delete the permission should be:

Read Insert modify delete
    yes blank blank blank

if he can indirect modify the value (for example throug some codelines) he must have the permission "indirect"
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    after alter the permission, users must logoff -> login. Only on login the permission will used. So if you change the permission and the users doesn't logoff (logon) the old permission (before change) will be used.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • tejateja Member Posts: 78
    garak wrote:
    If the user could only read, not modify, not insert, not delete the permission should be:

Read Insert modify delete
    yes blank blank blank

I followed the same for Customer and Vendor as garak says.. and restart the navision with the user id i restircted , but the data is getting deleted..
    Is there any thing to setup in the permission table, so that the user should not be able Delete and modify for TAble 18 and 23..
    PLease suggest me Experts,,,

Thanks IN Advance
    Teja...
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    The data can never be deleted if there is no permission to delete from that table.

Check whether any of the roles assigned to user contains the "delete" permission for that table or not.
    Regards,

Deep
    India