Warehouse Management in NAV 3.7 - Fixed Bin/Item

YurikenYuriken Member Posts: 2
Greetings,
We are new to Warehouse Management in NAV and are running NAV 3.7.
When fixing an item to a bin, we want to make that bin ineligible for other items to be put-away into it. Is this possible, and how?

Searching yielded this topic: http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14584 [MUID: YMYD]
bbrown wrote:
What I am saying is use floating bins, just don't include an entry for them in the put-away templates. The system considers every bin, even if it has another item is fixed to it, to be a floating bin. If floating bins are included in the put-away template, the system may suggest putting items into bins dedicated to other items.
This alludes to my problem but doesn't contain a solution as I understand it. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Based upon further reading it looks like the only way to prevent this is to assign every item to a bin? However in my specific instance, it appears that if an item is fixed to a bin, it still can end up in other bins, whether the fixed bin is full or not. We tried this with and without floating bins enabled in put-away templates.

EDIT #2: I think more practical knowledge has helped adapt the solutions presented here into something that works for us. Thanks!

Answers

• romeosdfromeosdf Member Posts: 20
    i've solved that by creating a warehouse class, and giving it to item and bin
    Romeo
    MCT - Dynamics
    ERP implementor/consultant