NAV and EDI

TommTomm Member Posts: 4
Hi all,

I have browsed this forum for couple of hours to find more information about integrating Navision with EDI. Actually I am interested in Navision 4.0.

There are some topics speaking about integrating with independent vendor addons (such as Lanham); BizTalk server; and even creating mapping and dataports if only a few EDI files are to be integrated with Navision.

Can anybody advice me what is the natural and easiest way to integrate it?

I look forward to your replies and thank in advance.
Tomm

Comments

• Captain_DX4Captain_DX4 Member Posts: 230
    This would weigh heavily on what type of EDI setup you require. For a full-fledged, robust EDI integration, looking at something like the Lanham add-on would be best. Sure, it costs a bit, but they've worked into their system everything you need for a full solution. The setups can be quite complex even, but they seem to cover everything. If you are running a more basic installation, then doing something as simple as custom code in a few dataports could give you what you need. In either case, if you're planning to communicate directly with a VAN, then grab yourself an application that will communicate directy (Gentran, eBRIDGE). I've never let NAV control that portion in any of the EDI setups I've done, and I wouldn't want to.

I've heard that eBRIDGE Software has done some work to integrate directly to NAV. http://www.ebridgesoft.com/info/acc_msdynamicsnav.shtml
    Kristopher Webb
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
  • BanyanCommerceBanyanCommerce Member Posts: 2
    There are also third party options that you could consider like Banyan Commerce. We offer an entirely seamless 100% integration into Navision and unlike Lanham where you have to manage any compliance changes, we do this on your behalf. Our solution will cost you significantly less than Lanham or e-Bridge. To learn more, you can visit our website at
    [http://www.banyancommerce.com/integration-microsoftdynamicsNAV.html]
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    or another alternative is toIncrease BIS.
    And loads of others ofcourse
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|