Creating new Analysis Types

jiipmjiipm Member Posts: 4
Hi everyone,

I'm quite a novice with NAV so I hope you don't mind :)

What I am trying to do is create a new Analysis Type to see the quantities shipped, but the available options in the Item Ledger Entry Type Filter do not contain Qty. Shipped. How can I edit the available options to include what I need?

I tried finding the information from NAV help files, MS CustomerSource and by searching on these forums, but wasn't able to find an answer...

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The "quantity shipped" means "sold" - it means you need to take all entries with type "Sale" and sum the quantity.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jiipmjiipm Member Posts: 4
    kine wrote:
    The "quantity shipped" means "sold" - it means you need to take all entries with type "Sale" and sum the quantity.

Thank you for your answer :) Although the way I've understood is that the type "Sale" refers to the ones that have been invoiced as well as shipped. Am I correct?

If I am, then with "Sale" the results are missing the items that have been already shipped in the period but are going to be invoiced in the next period.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, the item is Shipped (it means deducted from inventory) by creating the Sales entry in Item Ledger Entry table. Item is invoiced, if the Item Ledger Entry has some "Invoiced Qantity". And this is independent process.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jiipmjiipm Member Posts: 4
    kine wrote:
    No, the item is Shipped (it means deducted from inventory) by creating the Sales entry in Item Ledger Entry table. Item is invoiced, if the Item Ledger Entry has some "Invoiced Qantity". And this is independent process.

Ok, thank you again, it seems I was a bit confused with the terms :)