Vendor ledger entry report

lanemarklanemark Member Posts: 83
On the Vendor Ledger Entry report, there is no reference to the vendor invoice number, only Navision numbers. We have instances where our vendor accounts departments ring us chasing money and they only have their invoice number, is there an easy way we can search by vendor invoice number.

Alan

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    edited 2008-03-17
    use Navigate --> External --> Document No.
    or got to the Entries and User Ctrl+F7 on Field "External Document no."
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    The vendor ledger entry screen should also list the extrnal document number for you, so you can type and find in the column. If you want it on the report this would just need adding.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • lanemarklanemark Member Posts: 83
    Adam

Our vendor ledger entry screen has automatically generated numbers int he external document number column, not the invoice number from the vendor.

aaln
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    and why you not store the vendor invoice no in the external document no. :?:
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    Hi Alan

Which field do you store the supplier invoice in? What is the purpose of the auto-generated number in the external document number field?

I thought you were a Navision user I knew in Warwick, but not sure they had this modification :D
  • lanemarklanemark Member Posts: 83
    I think the external document number if allocated by navision because we use the "get receipt line" option when entering invoices. We use this method because we have vendors who supply one invoice with more than one purchase order number on it, some vendors also do multiple deliveries for the same purchase order number.
    does this explain anything?

Alan
    Yep no issue, but the invoice number will be internally generated, then you will record the actual vendor invoice number on the invoice - which field do you use to record the actual vendors invoice?