Problem copying budget with dimension

zutzuzutzu Member Posts: 86
Dynamics NAV and sql server:

I want to copy a budget with dimension.
I choose the dimension but the copied budget doesn´t have dimension.

I have tried too to export to excel and, afterwards, import in another budget.
But in the exported budget in excel, it has no dimension.
Any idea?

Thanks

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    On the options tab of the copy there is a dimension box that is greyed out with the ellipses, when you hit these the dimensions are listed, you then have to select the appropriate dimensions which are then brought back into the greyed out box.

I guess you are not physically selecting the dimensions to copy/export
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • zutzuzutzu Member Posts: 86
    AdamRoue wrote:
    On the options tab of the copy there is a dimension box that is greyed out with the ellipses, when you hit these the dimensions are listed, you then have to select the appropriate dimensions which are then brought back into the greyed out box.

I guess you are not physically selecting the dimensions to copy/export

Yes, i select the dimension (checking it) and i see the name of the dimension selected in the grey box (not editable) of the options tab.

But when i copy it, in the dimension there are no values. The budget is exported without dimension values.
    Silly question but does the budget actually have lines that have dimensions attached?

If I create a new budget in the GL and define two lines in a department for different values in the amount and dimension it will export and copy without issue.

I presume you have the same budget dimensions set against source and destination budgets?

What version are you on?

When you copy it if you have two lines in the source are you simply getting two lines in the destination without the budget entries?
    In the table G/L Budget Entry, i have records with values in the field Budget Dimension 3 Code.
    I am tryning to copy that budget to another budget, but copy all the records with its values except tha value of the field Budget Dimension 3 Code.

In this example, you can see the original budget (first line) and copied budget (second line). You can see value of the third dimension (640001) is not copied.
    The only thing is that dimension value is the third domension values, it is not one of the main dimensions.

Nº mov. Nombre ppto. Nº cuenta Fecha Importe Código Partida gasto
    1471 DEFAULT 640 1/1/2008 271,700.00 640001
    2609 PRUEBAS 640 1/1/2008 271,700.00
    So in the destination budget have you defined the budget dimensions as per the source budget? If you set them against the budget name you should see them.

Works fine for me :D

You never said your version of course!
    Thanks a lot.
    In the target budget, i hadn´t defined the dimension used.
    It woks fine.
    Thanks again.

P.D.: dynamics Nav 5.0.