Description of Cronus Company

hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
I'm looking for a description of the Cronus Company. So a piece of text that explains how the company is built, departments, product variety etc. Maybe you also have ppts?

Who can help me?
Thanks

Hans van der Hoeven

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    I think that doesn’t exists such document.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    hvdhoeven wrote:
    I'm looking for a description of the Cronus Company. So a piece of text that explains how the company is built, departments, product variety etc. Maybe you also have ppts?

Who can help me?
    Thanks

Hans van der Hoeven

Take a look at their web site, they seem to have quite a lot of information at least about the products they sell.

Cronus Widgets
    David Singleton
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Alex Chow wrote:
    That's a cool website! Do you know who's maintaining it?

Have a guess :-$ If you are interested to input to it, let me know.
    David Singleton
  • hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
    [quote="David Singleton
    Take a look at their web site, they seem to have quite a lot of information at least about the products they sell.

Cronus Widgets[/quote]

I'm sorry, David, I like your widget site, but do you also have real documentation about Cronus? Do you perhaps know a site or email address of the Cronus team of MBS?

Thanks!
    Hans
    hvdhoeven wrote:
    [quote="David Singleton

Cronus Widgets

I'm sorry, David, I like your widget site, but do you also have real documentation about Cronus? Do you perhaps know a site or email address of the Cronus team of MBS?

Thanks!
    Hans[/quote]

You wont find anything more real about Cronus than on their web site Cronus Widgets :mrgreen:

Note that the Cronus Company is a bit disorganized Management wise, they have quite often changed direction, from selling Furniture, should systems to computers to bicycles, they really seem to be capable of handling any industry, and they really don't have a business structure optimized for any one business model. Also they really dont have consistency. They use warehouse management in some locations, and in others not, they even have items they sell without locations, and a to their financial reporting, its as though one day they just decided to start using dimensions for a year, and didn't bother to reconcile their history.

Maybe one day they will get their act together and do it properly.
    \:D/
    David Singleton
    hvdhoeven wrote:
    [quote="David Singleton

Cronus Widgets

Thanks!
    Hans[/quote]

Hi Hans,

sorry I thought this was posted in the "off topic" forum, but I just saw its in the NAV forum, so my comments were made thinking this was not serious. :oops:

You do realize that Cronus is not a real company I hope. [-o<
    David Singleton
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    in my mind, there's no documentation about the Cronus.
    In some instruction materials are some words, but not the whole.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    hvdhoeven wrote:
    do you also have real documentation about Cronus? Do you perhaps know a site or email address of the Cronus team of MBS?
    Cronus is a test company, it does not exist. It's leftover from the old Navision days, and I would be very surprised if there is an actual fictional company bio.
    DenSter wrote:
    hvdhoeven wrote:
    do you also have real documentation about Cronus? Do you perhaps know a site or email address of the Cronus team of MBS?
    Cronus is a test company, it does not exist. It's leftover from the old Navision days, and I would be very surprised if there is an actual fictional company bio.

Ah the bio, actually yes there is, it was developed as a part of the early Navision Financial Training course. But it was very random, i.e. its not a complete picture of thecoompany, it just gave certain scenarious to justify certain excersizes.
    David Singleton
    in my mind, there's no documentation about the Cronus.
    In some instruction materials are some words, but not the whole.

What kind of documentation are you looking for? The company is made up to use most of the granules NAV has to offer. It's just like Adventure Works company in MS Access.
    Alex Chow wrote:
    What kind of documentation are you looking for? The company is made up to use most of the granules NAV has to offer. It's just like Adventure Works company in MS Access.

A description of the company in general. So about country, different companies, customer groups, kind of products. Which part is designed as a production site, personnel, which part of wharehouses is fully customized an which part is not, where can I find service management and CRM in Cronus. So a description and info as broad as possible. I want to make a case, using Cronus...

Hope you have got something for me...
    Thanks

Hans
    If you need this information for demo purposes, you might want to familiarize yourself with the demo scripts that can be downloaded from Partnersource. It'll paint a case and a story for you to demo the functionalities to your client.

Personally, I think it's a great learning tools as well if you want to learn more about business process and how NAV assists in the whole process.
    hvdhoeven wrote:
    Alex Chow wrote:

A description of the company in general. So about country, different companies, customer groups, kind of products. Which part is designed as a production site, personnel, which part of wharehouses is fully customized an which part is not, where can I find service management and CRM in Cronus. So a description and info as broad as possible. I want to make a case, using Cronus...

Hope you have got something for me...
    Thanks

Hans

Still not 100% sure what you intend to do, but it now looks as if you want to use Cronus as a reference customer :shock: I hope I miss understood.

Either way, this info does not exist as you are expecting it. Also Cronus as a company continied to grow, but the actual company set up did not 100% follow the changes, which is why it really is a bit of a mess.

Its been my personal belief for many years that we do need a more realistic Cronus and with a proper business plan to make it easier to demontrate NAV, but after sooooo many years of asking for it, I dont think its going to happen.

There are though a lot of individual documents, that you could put together to create some kind of documentation, but its all of course imaginary.
    David Singleton
    Alex Chow wrote:
    If you need this information for demo purposes, you might want to familiarize yourself with the demo scripts that can be downloaded from Partnersource. It'll paint a case and a story for you to demo the functionalities to your client.

Personally, I think it's a great learning tools as well if you want to learn more about business process and how NAV assists in the whole process.

Hi Alex,

I do not have access to Partner Source, unfortunately... Is it possible to get these demo scripts in another way? As you problably have understood I'm a lecturer at a University of Applied Science and I would like to have material to use with the Cronus case.
    I would like to make assignements for my students from a business point of view, using an ERP system. We use NAV to illustrate the ERP concepts for our students.

Is there a place (@ Microsoft) to put down the request to make such a description?
    Kind regards,
    Hans
    edited 2008-03-17
    hvdhoeven wrote:
    Hi Alex,

... As you problably have understood I'm a lecturer at a University of Applied Science and I would like to have material to use with the Cronus case...

OK, Alex you have to let in to how you worked that out. You must be psychic.
    David Singleton
    OK, Alex you have to let in to how you worked that out. You must be psychic.

It's borderline magic. I'll show you next time we meet. :mrgreen:

Nonetheless, in response to your question hvdhoeven, you may want to contact Microsoft direclty or contact a solution center on the demo scripts. I'm not sure if it can be distributed under copyright laws.
    [

Both respondents have already reacted on some of my earlier posts. So no psychic things at all...