ValuesAllowed Property - Allow a Blank

IrishGiriIrishGiri Member Posts: 61
I would like to allow the following values/text strings (frequencies)as input to a textbox:

40.685;26.995/27.195;27.145/40.685;446.000;49.860

When I put this string in the ValuesAllowed property of the textbox it works perfectly.

However, if at a later stage the user decides to delete the frequecncy I will have to allow for this too i.e. I need to add one more value to the string above to allow a blank value ('').

I have exhausted all possibilities to add a blank option to the string above...Navision won't accept a blank? Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks, Paul.

Comments

• Abu_FalihahAbu_Falihah Member Posts: 3
    You mean you put them in the property ValuesAllowed? If this the case, just add , (comma) before your first value.. Hope it solves
  • IrishGiriIrishGiri Member Posts: 61
    No good I'm afraid. Says:
    '' is not a valid value

Then I try putting '';40.685;26.995/27.195;27.145/40.685;446.000;49.860
    and that doesn't work either.

Seems also you have to use semicolons not commas to separate values
    Hi,

Try to put comma instead of semi colon to separate the value in your textbox's property. By the way, I use Nav 4.0 SP3.
    No good again I'm afraid!

Using commas doesn't work..Inputting 49.860 you get an error:

'49.860' is not a valid value. The following values can be used: 40.685,26.995/27.195,27.145/40.685,446.000,49.860.

It works with a semi-colon separated list. I just can't get it to work by adding a blank or empty string value to the ValuesAllowed string.
  • mart1n0mart1n0 Member Posts: 123
    To what is the NotBlank property set, it should be set to No?
    NotBlank is set to No
    Frankly, problems like this I find very annoying....should really call this property SomeValuesAllowed !! ](*,)
    And I do not want to creat an option field before anyone suggests tis haha! O:)
  • VineethVineeth Member Posts: 4
    hai irish,

i m waiting for an answer as well for ur question.

Well what if we dont enter any value to that field..wont it take the value as blank??? well i m just a beginner in Navision.

regards
    Yes it's not a problem in the beginning but.....

However, if at a later stage the user decides to delete the frequecncy I will have to allow for this too i.e. I need to add one more value to the string above to allow a blank value ('').

OK try this one, you put it like this:

"40.685","26.995/27.195","27.145/40.685","446.000","49.860."

But then you must use EVALUATE() if you want to use this value as Integer or Decimal.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    And why you do not use C/AL code in OnValidate of he field to restrict the values you can enter?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.