Backup and Restore per Company

WUFUQIANGWUFUQIANG Member Posts: 42
Hi

We are using SQL Server 2005, we have some companies in on database, ( 1 database many companies ),
The question is that : How to Restore particular only one company to my running system ?
If SQL cannot do it, any tool ? or work around ?

This problem will not happen if we are using Native, cause NAV provides them ( restore and backup by company ), isnt it ?

Cheers

Comments

• TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    Well, even using NAV with SQL you can create backups from navision. Then you will be able to restore by companies.

However, I don't think you can restore by company, if backup was created from SQL.
  • SQLGuruSQLGuru Member Posts: 13
    Hi,

there's third party tools around that can restore single tables from a backup.
    For example Quest's Lightspeed.

This way you can restore all relevant tables to a seperate database with SQL speed.
    Bodo Michael Danitz
    MCT, MCITP SQL Server 2005

Author of SQL Server 2005 MOC exam items
    and SQLSunrise NavTune:
    http://www.sqlsunrise.com
  • nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    If you don’t have to automate single company backup you can easily use Navision client to do backup.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • WUFUQIANGWUFUQIANG Member Posts: 42
    Hi All,

Thanks for all of your valuable sharing idea,
    My colleague has tried the third party tool LightSpeed, but He also couldnt find the solution which we can restore data per company ( I think that per company means only part of the data in a table ) , not particular table from the availables tables

Thanks a lot,
    cheers
  • hawwahawwa Member Posts: 106
    You can use Navision Client to backup only one company and restore the company to your running Navision system. Before you restore the one company to your running database (with other companies), make sure all the objects in the backup that your want to restore are the same with your running database.