Match Invoice with Purchase Order

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
Hi,

Anyone knows whether it is possible to create a Purchase Order and create an invoice which matches the invoice to the PO?

These POs are mainly for expenses. The customer does not intend to use Inventory.

Can someone please advise which granules will be required for this customer requirement?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Beatrice.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be I do not understand exactly what you want...

What will be on the PO? Just G/L Accounts (you wrote that no Inventory will be used)?

If yes, there is no difference between Purchase Invoice and Purchase Order because all what you can do is just post the invoice...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    Yes it will be a G/L account on my Purchase Order....

Regardless of whether the PO will be for a stock item or a G/L account, is it possible to create a direct matching between the PO and the invoice?

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Well you can load the PO and when the invoice comes in you can adjust the purchase order and post it.

There is no matching or "get receipts" functionality in this instance as you are not receiving anything.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What you want to match, if you have just invoice and accounts? As Adam wrote, if you receive nothing, you cannot "match" anything...

Matching Invoice to PO means that you select Purchase receipt and match it with invoice, but if there is no receipt, you have nothing to match and PO and Invoice are same things... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Beatrice wrote:
    Yes it will be a G/L account on my Purchase Order....

Regardless of whether the PO will be for a stock item or a G/L account, is it possible to create a direct matching between the PO and the invoice?

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.

A little confused... Doesn't NAV do this already out of the box? When you post a PO fully receive and invoice, you will match the amount on your original PO.
  • BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
    Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

One last question though, which setup prevents system from deleting PO after it has been invoiced?

Thanks and Regards,
    Beatrice.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Out of the box, if you use the Get Receipt Line to do invoicing, the completed PO will not be deleted.