Manufacturing Cost Issue in ILE/VALUE ENTRY.

shankar25_12_82shankar25_12_82 Member Posts: 45
Hi Guys,

I created one Released Production Order and I posted the Consumption/Output for this order. and when i saw the ILE, it is fine. but when i saw the Value Entry for this order, it has created value entry for all the BOM and also some of the entries are created for Output and Consumption as variance (only certain item consumption variance are created not all the bom item) and im finding the cost posted to these consumption variance are in positive. Please let me know why those lines are created.
Regards
Shankar R

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Very difficult to say form that description.

The ILE cost is a flow field on the VLE cost, so if you are happy with the result of the ILE, you are with the VLE really!

Not sure on what lines are missing, perhaps defined by flushing method, or what costing you have which affects variance, or if it is a variance as in standard costing, or just related to the adjust cost item entry updating average to known cost from the purchase invoice. Also it depends upon what you consumed to what was expected. Lots of variables really, you need to get into the data and analyse it.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • shankar25_12_82shankar25_12_82 Member Posts: 45
    Hi AdamRoue,

Thanks for the reply dude.

Since all my Raw material (componenet item are in standard cost), Make-to-Stock, and some item having forward and some having manual flushing method. And all my sub-assembly holding Standard cost method, Make-to-Stock and forward flushing. And when i looking into the value entry table, all these component variance are created based on the production component, not from the purchase or any other.

Please find the link for the ILE and VLE data in excel which is of 25 KB

[/url] http://www.sendspace.com/file/mytmj4 [url][/url]
    Really difficult to do this from one Excel sheet!

So with XP.0120.1000 what is the standard cost? 0? Cost of 0.09 adjusted out to 0 and an ILE value of 0 which I presume you are happy with?

Which entry are you not happy with?

Further what is the expected quantity on the BOM for manually flushed items and what is the quantity consumed, this is information I do not have, but would cause a variance from standard, as it is not expected.
    Sorry for the delay reply,

Actually, i have attached the screen shot, when i looked in deeper on my values entries, some of the entries are getting created due to rounding off of Cost Per Unit. Whenever I post the output and consumption, im getting this only. Like,

EntryNo ItemNo Cost Per Unit
    515938 XP.0680.09PC 0.07667
    515945 XP.0680.09PC 0.00333 Variance Entry.
    515937 XP.0680.INST 0.04333
    515944 XP.0680.INST -0.00333 Variance Entry.
    515941 XP.0120.1000 0.03
    515943 XP.0120.1000 -0.03 Variance Entry.

Any suggestion on the setup, you help is most precious one.

Regards
    Shankar R[/list][/list]
    You can hold your cost to as many decimal places as you like, but the final cost of the item will be to 2 decimal places, therefore I presume there are roundings to ensure the material costs make the final cost, and looking at this it does it at the component level. Not sure you can do anything about this, but again I do not have the knowledge of your system or the detail to look at, so you will need to talk to your partner.
    Thanks dude, I will check with my partner and let you know.