Report Page Breaks

JononJonon Member Posts: 18
In a report I am trying to set page breaks up so that notes for an item are not split on two separate pages.

On the invoice we have many items with multiple lines of notes on the sales order.

When the invoice prints I would always like for the item number to be the first thing on a new page. I do not want to have 5 lines of item notes and then 1 line of an item note on the next page.

The notes are being entered manually on a sales line with line type blank.

If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Comments

• Dave_CintronDave_Cintron Member Posts: 189
    The only way I know to do this is to count lines and read ahead before you decide to page break.
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
    http://www.dynamicswest.com
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Perhaps the KeepWithNext property can help, not sure - search the forum for some possible answers, but i think then the lines have to somehow be associated with the item that it belongs to.

either way this doesn't sound like a fun time figuring this one out.

If you can fit 18 lines on apage for example and you have a max # of text lines set to 5 for example - then as said above you can count the line and force a pagebreak.

if some have more lines and some have none - then it would look a little wierd. and hard for the invoice to know exactly when to break
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Savatage wrote:
    Perhaps the KeepWithNext property can help, not sure - search the forum for some possible answers, but i think then the lines have to somehow be associated with the item that it belongs to.

either way this doesn't sound like a fun time figuring this one out.

If you can fit 18 lines on apage for example and you have a max # of text lines set to 5 for example - then as said above you can count the line and force a pagebreak.

if some have more lines and some have none - then it would look a little wierd. and hard for the invoice to know exactly when to break

The KeepWithNext property only works if the data item is one level lower than the originating entry or the record itself. Since the comments are in the same level and in a different record, the only way is like what Dave said, count and break... :(