Security in Version 5 MenuSuite

hiddentexthiddentext Member Posts: 45
I am doing an upgrade from 3.6 to v5. In 3.6 menu, there is a code that check if user has right to view report. If no, it will make report menu item invisible.

How can I do that in Version 5?

Comments

• Dave_CintronDave_Cintron Member Posts: 189
    There is no way to program anything into the menusuite. The only solution would be to remove the "all" reports from the "ALL" role and give back individual report permissions, then the menusuite would hide the unauthorized object number. I have resorted to checking security inside the report itself based on role assignment or custom flags in the user setup table.
    Dave
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
    http://www.dynamicswest.com
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    hiddentext wrote:
    I am doing an upgrade from 3.6 to v5. In 3.6 menu, there is a code that check if user has right to view report. If no, it will make report menu item invisible.

How can I do that in Version 5?

You'll need to create a new menu item and hide all of the standard menu items for that user.

The navigation pane is designed so you can set each user to see only areas that specific job function. So this means you will not need to do any code development on main menus.
  • hiddentexthiddentext Member Posts: 45
    Thanks all. I have create another menu and remove all the report subfolders. Client can now assign user to the new menu.