Setting up a Recurring Sales Invoice

tjftjf Member Posts: 17
Hi there. Is there anyway to set up a recurring sales invoice that is generated periodically? The business circumstance is where a company has an agreement to supply support services for an annual amount but invoices monthly for the annual amount/12. Can you set up a recurring invoice similar to a recurring journal? Thankyou.

Comments

• nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    You could try to use blank orders. It won’t resolve that that in 100%. You might want to make some customization in converting blank orders to orders.
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    you could always make enuf invoices for the length of the contract - say 12 months - 12 invoices & for each invoice change the doc & posting dates
    01/01/08
    02/01/08
    03/01/08
    04/01/08
    etc

that way all the dute dates are calculated correctly and even if you run aging reports to the current date - those inv won't show until they are ready to.

assuming they are all the same, since you mentioned recurring
    just an idea.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    are you just wanting journal entries? then you could use the g/l recurring entries
  • tjftjf Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for your responses. Yes they will require actual invoices. I think there may be some functionality somewhere in 'Service Management' to achieve this but they will not have this as part of their license.

Alternatively is there a simple way to achieve a periodic upload of invoices via a spreadsheet or similar?

Thankyou.
  • tjftjf Member Posts: 17
    Scrub that last ? I see there are quite a few posts on importing invoices via dataports so I will try and find something there. Thanks again !