Rev. entries of posted p. invoices with dir cost

lospetlospet Member Posts: 42
Hello forum,

I am using Dynamics NAV 4.0 SP2. I am facing the following problem with credit memos:

1. I posted a purchase invoice with the wrong vendor no. . The invoice consist of 2 invoice lines. One line represents the item I purchased and the other line the transport cost in form of direct cost (item charging).

2. In order to reverse the entries I am using a credit memo, where I enter exactly the same document data from the posted purchase invoice (copy document function). I also check the correction checkbox on the Credit Memo Header.

The posting of the credit memo results with strange G/L entries. I exspected that the credit memo will post the same entries as the Purchase invoices but with a negative sign. Navision uses the same amounts from the invoice but when reversing the direct cost it uses the 'Direct Cost Applied Account' that is defined in the General Posting setup for the Item I purchased.

So the amounts are all correct and have all a negative sign. The only problem is that the reversed transport costs are posted to the wrong G/L account.

Is this a Navision bug? Can somebody advice me what to do or how to correctly reverse a purchase Invoice with direct costs.

Thank you in advance for every usefull hint.

Best regards,
lospet

Answers

• sajidhanifkhansajidhanifkhan Member Posts: 182
    I did the complete cycle as u described and I found no problem. Please check if you have defined the correct GL account to the Direct cost Applied account.

Please double check and confirm to me as well.

regards

Sajid
    Can somebody advice me what to do or how to correctly reverse a purchase Invoice with direct costs.

1.F3 for a new credit memo on credit memo form
    2.define the correct vendor number
    3.Click Funtion --> Copy Document
    4.Document Type.....Posted Invoice
    5.Document No.....12345 ( Should select the correct invoice number )
    6.Click Ok to get back on to Credit memo form.
    7.Make sure you got the lines on credit memo which you want to reverse.
    8.On Charge Item line make sure the quanity and unit price is correct and then click on Line--->Item Charge Assignment and assign the correct quantity again.

I hope this will be some help and hint for you if you are doing all the above steps then you should only check that you have defined the GL number of Direct cost Applied account same as inwhich you are expecting.

regards
    Sajid
    Can somebody advice me what to do or how to correctly reverse a purchase Invoice with direct costs.
    1.F3 for a new credit memo on credit memo form
    2.define the correct vendor number
    3.Click Funtion --> Copy Document
    4.Document Type.....Posted Invoice
    5.Document No.....12345 ( Should select the correct invoice number )
    6.Click Ok to get back on to Credit memo form.
    7.Make sure you got the lines on credit memo which you want to reverse.
    8.On Charge Item line make sure the quanity and unit price is correct and then click on Line--->Item Charge Assignment and assign the correct quantity again.

I hope this will be some help and hint for you if you are doing all the above steps then you should only check that you have defined the GL number of Direct cost Applied account same as inwhich you are expecting.

regards
    Sajid
  • lospetlospet Member Posts: 42
    Hello Sajid,

I solved the problem. The posting to the wrong account was due to step no. 8:

The problem was that when I assigned the cost in the credit memo I assigned it to the item line of the credit memo. In order to get the correct postings to the right accounts I have to choose the receipt that was created with the posting of the invoice. Afterwards I assigned the cost to this receipt.

When posting the credit memo all the invoice entries were reversed correctly regarding amount (with negative sign) and accounts.

Finally! \:D/

Sajid, thank you very much for your help and advice.

Best regards,
    lospet