Roles and user rights in NAV 5.0

hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
In an educational setting I want to use roles in a virtual company. Unfortunately I cannot find documentation about the roles and user rights that are present in standard NAV. Does anybody have documentation at this point? I'm looking for the rights that are linked to the roles in a functional way. The tabel with the detailed rights as displayed in the the Roles, Permissions window gives no functional overview. I want to have the rights of certain role in a more 'readable' fashion.

Can anybody help me, please?

Comments

• mgmmgm Member Posts: 126
    Try the download section. There are several components (fob) that can be used to facilitate this. If I remember well, there is also a tool on the tools cd. Look for: userrightssetup.fob
  • hvdhoevenhvdhoeven Member Posts: 99
    Thanks for your message.

But I'm searching for documentation about e.g. the role of sales order entry clerk. Is there a standard role and what are the rights in this standard NAV role?
  • mgmmgm Member Posts: 126
    Take a look at the permission assigned to this role. If you are familiar with the database, this should be clear.
    I don't now if there is any functional description about roles.
  • sujatharaoosujatharaoo Member Posts: 57
    I need to know the Purpose of the Particular Role Id's. Is there any documents available for this?

Thanks in Avance :lol:
    Regards,
    Sujatha.N