What is this err - Another user has modified the record..?

ImaspalImaspal Member Posts: 68
Hi Experts!

I have a report, that I print from Sales Order: Posting => Post and Print... => Ship and Invoice => OK . Report is based on Sales Header table.

Printing seems to get started in Codeunit 82. Posting happens first, printing happens after that.

Problem is, that posting clears data from Sales Header, that is needed to print the report.

I have tried to change the printing happen before posting, but then NAV gives me the following error:
"Another user has modified the record for this Sales Header after you retrieved it from the database. Enter your changes again in the updated window, or start the interrupted activity again. Identification fields and values: Document Type='Order',No.='34'"

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get the printing and posting happen right and how I can do that? Maybe temporary table, where I save information before posting and after that print the report from temporary table?

Mr. Nice Guy

Comments

• KonradKonrad Member Posts: 30
    You could build report on 'Sales Invoice Header' and 'Sales Invoice Line'. Thats the way most Post&Print reports work.
  • jonsan21jonsan21 Member Posts: 118
    I was just wondering, when you post and print as ship and invoice, why you want to print based on the sales header again? Can't you use sales invoice header and sales shipment header with their respective lines?

Rgds,

Jon.
    Rgds,

Jon.
  • ImaspalImaspal Member Posts: 68
    Thank you for your wise advice. I'll try to remember them in future.

Still, I have allready made my report, so can you help me with it?

](*,)

Mr. Nice Guy
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Imaspal wrote:
    Thank you for your wise advice. I'll try to remember them in future.

Still, I have allready made my report, so can you help me with it?

](*,)

Mr. Nice Guy

Still, best is to modify the report and use the Sales Invoice Header/Line table Just change the table in the dataport. Because nearly all information are in the tables in same fields, you will need no/small changes in your report to use th new tables...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ImaspalImaspal Member Posts: 68
    But of course. Still I'm sure, that there is an easier way than create a new report.. And I'm sure that someone here can tell me how.

:-k

Mr. Nice Guy
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, there is better way, to modify existing report as I wrote... 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    Easy way: modify your report to use the Invoice and Shipment tables

Difficult way: try to trick the system in thinking that the sales order that it just deleted still exists so that you can print a report based of a record that doesn't exist in the database anymore, just so you don't have to change the table in your dataitem.

Trust us, it is a LOT less work to change your report than it is to trick the system. See it as a learning experience. :mrgreen:
  • hawwahawwa Member Posts: 106
    Definitely, modify the report is the easiest way.

You can modify the system to NOT delete the sales order after posting but it is not worth the effort to change the system default behaviour just to suit your report. It will be easier to modify the report to suit the system.