Coldfusion Native Database and 'code' fields Question

gerfieldgerfield Member Posts: 16
Is there any way around the No_ 'code' fields in native database to work with Coldfusion? What is happening when I do a filter in Coldfusion using the No_ ('code') field I get a nice error.

SQL type not recognized: 'CODE'

So since we all know sql type 'code' isn't part of the types of fields it likes. Is there a way around/work-around this without having to convert our native database to sql or creating a field with duplicated code field information in a field format Coldfusion likes? [-o<

Thanks for the help and any knowledge you can spare.

Ger

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Did i miss something, what is SQL you're using Native and CODE type is not unusual. So this is a ColdFusion problem then.

Hey you could always add a new field to the Item Table Called "No.3" type Text

On Insert trigger have it populate the field.

For all the items that already exist you would have to create an updat report. that goes thru all the records and fills in the new field.
  • gerfieldgerfield Member Posts: 16
    I'll give that a try but yeah I know its a stupid coldfusion thing that uses sql statements to make it work. I got confused just making my first post because its not normal. lol
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    The problem lies with Navision, not Coldfusion.
    I would rather say Navision is stupid.
    Sql statements are the "norm" while Navision native is not, native is a proprietary database.
    Code is not a standard data type in sql.
    You are using the norm on something that is not the norm & calling the norm stupid?
    I would prefer that your handling of or conversion between different data types is not well taken care of.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger